Staredit Network > Forums > Staredit Network > Topic: Project Threads
Project Threads
Jul 31 2009, 7:50 pm
By: Vi3t-X  

Jul 31 2009, 7:50 pm Vi3t-X Post #1



I'm sure a number of people have desired this at one point or another. If not, I fail.
Moving on. A number of people tend to work on group projects. An example I will use is two people creating a map.

Mapper #1 creates topic "My Map" and fills the topic with his ideas, plans, and basically everything required for a topic to exist.
Mapper #2 who is also working on the exact same map has updated a few things. He requests that Mapper #1 to update the Original Post.
It just so happens that Mapper #1 no longer has internet access. The thread cannot be updated.
It just so happens that Mapper #1 no longer wishes to work on the map, but Mapper #2 still has the ambition. Mapper #2 cannot update the Original Post.

Even for something like the SEN Observer. Having only one person being able to update the original post may be tedious. I don't think everyone has the time to update the Original Post with info repeatedly. People reading a topic usually look at the Original Post to find a summary. No one really wants to read through an entire thread just to find out updates from a week's past.

Basically, request is:
Allow users to designate who else may modify their specific post.

Yes/No? Or maybe I'm delusional again.



None.

Jul 31 2009, 7:54 pm Moose Post #2

Armor: 90.50%

Has this situation actually happened to enough to warrant coding around a bunch of existing things?

Is it that impractical to open a new thread and ask a moderator to lock the old one?




Jul 31 2009, 8:04 pm Demented Shaman Post #3



Waste of time. If you have a partner then just have them post in the same thread. Who cares if they aren't able to modify the original post.



None.

Jul 31 2009, 9:03 pm Madroc Post #4



The partner could also copy/paste the OP into a new thread and let the old one fade away.

Would be a little nice I guess but def not a high priority especially since i've never actually seen it happen..




None.

Aug 10 2009, 5:35 am -BW-Map_God Post #5



I just got my new thread deleted because my inactive for over a month old thread apparently wasn't locked like I thought it was....who knew we had to go back a few pages and check for that first. I guess we will just have to revive dead threads indefinitely :P.



None.

Aug 10 2009, 6:22 am DevliN Post #6

Woah

Quote from -BW-Map_God
I just got my new thread deleted because my inactive for over a month old thread apparently wasn't locked like I thought it was....who knew we had to go back a few pages and check for that first. I guess we will just have to revive dead threads indefinitely :P.
I originally locked the new one because it was a wall of updated info and a link to another forum dedicated to the map. Upon realizing it was for a map that already had a topic, I deleted it. Tons of topics that are lost for months are revived due to some new interest in production, and this didn't seem any different.

Either way, this thread seems to be about group projects, so this particular case seems irrelevant.



:devlin: Currently Working On: :devlin:
Myself

Aug 10 2009, 4:14 pm The Starport Post #7



Sounds like what you'd use a permission-based wiki for. Threads are crap for serious projects, IMO.



None.

Options
  Back to forum
Please log in to reply to this topic or to report it.
Members in this topic: None.
[04:46 pm]
Ultraviolet -- @:@
@:@ shouted: this community still going strong?
Still going.. strong is debatable though.
[04:13 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- I can't believe this is really been around since 2003 but it does look classic and old asf still better than talking to kids on discord ranting about skibidi toilet and sexuality or whatever mental illness is going on in their heads
[04:11 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Nigga how you ask is it still going strong when you get a text every 3 miles per hour or something
[04:10 pm]
WeirdoX4857 -- Where is everybody
[01:21 pm]
@:@ -- this community still going strong?
[2026-9-27. : 4:30 pm]
Oh_Man -- yeah, probs
[2026-9-27. : 3:11 pm]
NudeRaider -- I bet it just needs another training session against pros instead of only against itself and nobody will be able to stop it anymore.
[2026-9-27. : 3:09 pm]
NudeRaider -- Oh_Man
Oh_Man shouted: pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
so it can be beaten by a prepared pro, even in macro games, if only barely. the muta micro in particular seems really hard to handle for protoss ground though. In the open goons can't catch them, in the base they trip over buildings, it just instantly flies out of storms and they fly circles around archons. Mass cannons do work, but can't cover the whole map with it. Probably need mass corsair to counter and hope you can outmaneuver all the scourge.
[2026-9-27. : 2:14 am]
Oh_Man -- pluto vs pro gamer snow: https://youtu.be/NOXXpATkdZU
[2026-9-27. : 1:14 am]
Symmetry -- https://staredit.net/topic/18932/ check it
Please log in to shout.


Members Online: Ultraviolet, lifebot